The final Maplewood food pantry drive for 2016 is Tuesday Dec. 13. There are many Maplewood families who depend on their kids eating breakfast and lunch at school, and don’t necessarily have the budget for those extra meals over the break. We would love to make it a supersized collection, so please bring a donation at drop off or pick up!
Below is a list of the best foods to donate to the food pantry – please bring as what you can and/or $10 gift cards to HEB to school tomorrow.
- cans of tuna, chicken and beans
- jarred peanut and almond butter
- cans of mixed vegetables
- canned beef stew, canned vegetable soup (low sodium)
- jarred baby food, packages of baby cereal and cookies, and cannisters of formula
- condiments and spices (e.g. mayonnaise)
- cooking oil: canola and olive oil
- fruits packed in water or fruit juice rather than heavy syrup (canned or cups)
- whole grain pasta
- boxed whole grain rice
- boxes plain instant oatmeal
- shelf-stable milk
- snacks for kids (low sugar): snack bars, granola bars